Pet import process
2. Call the quarantine station to confirm if your email is well received.
3. The scanned import permit is sent to you via email within 7 working days (In case of incomplete documents,
more days are required)
4. Apply for an official health certificate with the authorized body of the exporting country responsible for the
import and export of animals.
5. Take your pets to the animal quarantine station. In the case that Suvarnabhumi Airport is your port of entry, there are two animal quarantine stations. You must go to the station as per your pets travel options as follows;
- Your pets travelling in the passenger cabin and coming in through the passenger terminal, please go to the animal quarantine station located near the baggage belt no.8 in the arrival hall (Tel. +66 2134 0636)
- Your pets travelling as checked baggage and loaded at the cargo terminal, please go to
International Animal Quarantine Station (AQS) located on the 1st floor, CE-1 Building, Free Zone area.
The required documents are;
1) a photocopy of pet owner’s passport
2) an original pet vaccination record (and a pet passport, if any)
3) an original official health certificate*
4) a photocopy of printed import permit
Required documents for pet import
1. Import License Application Form (Form R.1/1) - To download it, Click to download
2. Copy of the pet owner’s passport (Picture page)
3. Proof of Vaccination:
- 3.1 Pets is vaccinated against Rabies not less than 21 days prior to the departure.
Pets from free of Rabies certified country do not need a Rabies vaccination.
- 3.2 Pet is vaccinated against Leptospirosis not less than 21 days prior to the departure.
The negative result of Leptospirosis test during 30 days prior to the departure can also
fulfill the requirement.
4. Picture of the pet (The picture must be in color and the pet face
must be clearly seen.)
5. Document which provides following information:
- 1) Number and species of the pets
- 2) Details of the pets (breed, sex, age, color, and microchip of each pet)
- 3) Address of the country of origin
- 4) Address of your accommodation in Thailand
- 5) Tentative date of arrival
- 6) Port of departure in the country of origin
- 7) Port of entry in Thailand
1. The import permit is valid for 60 days
2. The import license (Form R.7) is valid for 7 days
3. The Official health Certificate must be completed in English and stamped (endorsed) by the authorized veterinary official of the exporting country.
4. The animal must be conveyed in nose-and-paw proof crates designed to avoid any risk of injury.
5. Pet shall be vaccinated against other significant infectious diseases i.e. Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, at least 21 days prior to the departure.
6. Look for more detail about pet import in the official requirements. Click to download.
Suvarnabhumi Airport Animal Quarantine, Free Zone Area, Custom Export Building,
1st Flr., Suvarnabhumi Airport, Samut Prakan
Tel: +66 2134 0731 Fax. +66 2134 3640
Business Hours: Monday – Friday / 08:30 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.30
(closed on Thailand’s holidays)
Near baggage claim Belt No.8 in the Arrival hall.
Tel: +66 2134 0636 / 24-hour service.
Information by Division of Veterinary of Inspection and Quarantine